Netflix on Apple TV in Syria
I am stationed in Syria. I have a new apple TV. How do I play Hulu and Netflix on it. I have VPN shield on my MAC mini, IPad, and iPhone so I can access Hulu through them but I would like to access it through my apple TV.
American & British media networks make their TV & radio programming available over the Internet. Yet they want you to be located in either the US or UK. So, if you try to access your favorite shows from another country outside the US or UK you will encounter a message like Not available in your area.
To watch live streaming of your favourite TV channels from abroad you need to connect to a high speed Virtual Private Network (VPN). Our VPN provides an encrypted and secure connection from your home PC or Mac to the UK or US from any location globally. VPN ensures that your computer appears as if it is located in the country to which you want to connect, which allows you to access programming from all your favourite TV networks (Fox, Hulu, CBS, BBC, ITV, 4OD, Zatoo etc).
1. You have a valid US netflix account. This means you have a US based credit card or a relative/friend who has set you up with a Netflix account. I wont go into the ways of getting an account here. But I imagine there are plenty of creative ways to get one.
2. You have a US iTunes account If you are not from the US.
3. You have an Apple ecosystem with OS X Lion. Should work fine from a Windows computer, but thats just not what I have, so screenshots and explanations are in Apple-ese. Also, Ive heard there are issues with Internet sharing of a VPN connection in Snow Leopard and earlier.
4. You have a VPN - buy vpn
5. Your Mac is connected to your router via ethernet (wired) connection - not Wi-Fi and your Apple TV is useing Wi-Fi.
The first step is to set up the VPN.Next you need to plug the information into the Network panel in system preferences and set up the VPN there. Use the "+" to add a new interface. From the drop menu select "VPN" as the Interface, "PPTP" for the VPN type and give it a service name - I suggest the name of your VPN service. Select "Create".Now that the VPN has been created, enter the IP address of the VPN server, your account user name and select Authentication settings. Checkvpn setup guidehere
From the main options tab, tick the "Send all traffic over VPN connection" and click OK.
Lastly, from the main VPN screen tick "Show VPN status in menu bar", click "apply" and exit out of the VPN configuration.
Next, still in System Preferences, go to the Sharing panel. Share your connection from the VPN over Wi-Fi. This panel has particularly poor UI, make your changes while its unticked and then tick the Internet Sharing box to start it.
Now configure the Wi-Fi connection on the Apple TV to connect to the hotspot connection youve created on your Mac. Now all the traffic going to and from the Apple TV will be routed through the VPN. Anytime you want to connect to the VPN, you can use the quick connect from the menu bar at the top of your Macs screen.
Remember that in order for the Netflix App to even show up on the Apple TV, you have to be signed in to a US iTunes account on the Apple TV.
What is a VPN?
VPNs (Virtual Private Networks) were first used by companies to enable their employees to securely access internal systems such as email remotely (e.g. from home or while on business trips). Today they are increasingly being used for personal use by individuals to protect their privacy while online in public places (e.g. when using the wi-fi connection in a cafe) or in a country where the internet is censored / blocked (e.g. China, Saudi Arabia).
Why do I need a VPN?
Whether youre an expat living in a foreign country where the internet is heavily regulated, a mobile user constantly on the road, or just someone concerned with maintaining their privacy online, having aVPNis becoming essential.
VpnTraffic-1 tap vpn for Android,35+ Countries servers.Fast and Stable!
VpnTraffic - Unblock your Internet, Bypass location-based blocks! Select a server location to connect to,40+ Countries VPN servers worldwide.Support pptp and l2tp/ipsec.
If you need Unblock all websites Including Facebook, Twitter, and more?
If you need Change your IP address?
If you need Watch BBC iPlayer from anywhere in the World?
If you need Watch Netflix Outside the US?
- 1 tap connect to our vpn server,Free setup!
- Save username/passwords,only need select a server location to connect to
- No bandwidth limitations
- Encrypts your internet traffic
- Unblock government and corporate restrictions,Bypass location-based blocks.
- Unlimited switches between VPN server locations (35+ Countries Around the world)
- Support pptp and l2tp/ipsec
- Works with wifi, 3G, GSM, and all mobile data carriers
What you need is a VPN account !
Before you make an order, you can Trial our VPN Service for3 days.
All country server
What you need is a VPN account !