Wednesday, 14 March 2012
VPN Client Window—Simple Mode
In simple mode, you work with a scaled-down version of the VPN Client user interface (Figure 3-2).
Figure 3-2 VPN Client Window—Simple Mode
The VPN Client main window shows the version information, the current connection entry, the connect
button, and the status bar. Use the down arrow to display other connection entries.
• From the Connection Entries menu (Figure 3-3), you can
– Connect to or disconnect from the connection entry shown in the box
– Create a shortcut for the connection entry shown in the box
– Import a new connection profile
– Set the current connection entry as the default connection entry
– Exit from the VPN Client
Figure 3-3 Simple Mode Connection Entries Menu
• From the Status menu, you can display notifications.
• From the Options menu, you can switch to Advanced Mode, and you can set the following
– Save window settings—Saves any changes you make to the VPN Client window
– Minimize upon connect—Places the VPN Client closed lock icon in the system tray when the
VPN connection is established
– Enable tool tips—Activates tool tips for the toolbar action buttons
– Enable connect history display—Displays connection history information
– Enable accessibility options—Places the VPN Client in the task bar rather than the system tray
for easier access, and sounds a beep to indicate that a connection has been made
– Enable connect on open—Connects to the default connection entry when you start the VPN
Client (when you open or double click the VPN Client icon)3-4
Cisco VPN Client User Guide for Windows
Chapter 3 Navigating the User Interface
VPN Client Window—Advanced Mode
• From the Help menu, you can display context-sensitive, browser-based online Help.